Saturday, May 18, 2013

The Joomla Post!

At first I was excited (and maybe a little arrogant).
Then I watched the tutorial.
After that I was less excited but still looking forward to it (and probably still a little full of myself).

I began using Joomla.

Then I was exasperated, frustrated, and defeated.
So I watched the tutorial again, while creating my site, pausing every 3.5 seconds.
4 hours later I was exhausted, slightly relieved, and eating cookies.

The next day I was rested, had renewed patience, and was successful!
Here's the link to my site: Where it all begins

For a perfectionist, Joomla can take some getting used to. There are a LOT of features that I didn't incorporate that could be very useful. I was just happy to get it to look like I wanted. The site came prepared for many of these features and, after taking them all out (per the tutorial), it was much easier to work with. Once a website has a strong foundation, it's easier to edit and add on to in the future. This is why CMSs are so useful.

One of my goals was a hidden page, only accessible through the link at the bottom of the home page (the end of it all). It took some doing, but once I'd accomplished it, I felt like I had a much better working knowledge of how Joomla functions.

No comments:

Post a Comment